HOME ABOUT Contact Cards scrapbooking MY ETSY

Friday, July 15, 2011

One of "those" days...

Raise your hand if you've ever had one of "those" crafting days where it seems everything {plus one} works against you ? {Umm...in case you're wondering, yeah both of my hands are raised}  Three words can sum up my 'one of those days' experiece: WHAT. A. MESS.  

Perhaps a few pictures would help? :)


This would be the black embossing powder that flew everywhere, OOPS! 
I do NOT recommend spilling super fine embossing powder, HA!  To say it's everywhere is an understatement.  Note to self: before blowing on a piece of paper to make sure there aren't any stray grains, make sure there isn't an entire tray full of the excess that can {and most certainly will} take flight.   
This is what happens when you *think* you heat embossed enough because you're in a hurry for dinner.  Think again! :)
I also ended up wasting using an entire sheet of 12 x 12 card stock for a 5" (almost) square piece, I had to cut my image twice (some pieces three times) because I wasn't paying attention to the sizing, and I didn't cut the base of the card properly so it ended up opening differently than I had hoped.  

Honestly, by the end of this 3-hour card I was laughing so hard about the ridiculous-ness of the situation my husband thought I delirious.  Maybe I should have stayed out of the craft room today?  

Nah. It was worth it! :)  Just please tell me that I'm not the only one raising my hand(s)?  :)

P.S.  Oh, of course I'll show you the card....tomorrow!  It's ADORABLE!  

0 comments: