HOME ABOUT Contact Cards scrapbooking MY ETSY

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Christmas in July, for real!

Hey everyone!

"Christmas in July" is really more than just a saying in my family...well, with my grandma anyway.  She enjoys giving her Christmas gifts in July because "then people have an opportunity to use them if I get them something seasonal."  We live in Minnesota so the winters are very cold, long, and very white {read: if you receive anything not related to winter, you wait a very long time to use it!).

So, here we are in July and yes I've already received my gift :)  I wanted to make my grandma a Christmas Thank You and I must say that I am really proud of myself :)  This is the first shaped card I've ever made, the first project in its entirety that I created with my Gypsy, AND I think the little guy is ADORABLE!  What do you think?



Mr. Claus wasn't difficult by any means but it took me a little longer just because it was new to me :)

Materials Used:
  • Santa Claus from Simply Charmed (5.21"X 4.63")
  • Cardstock: Cream, Kraft, Black, Red, White, Pink
  • StarDust Pen; to outline Santa's beard swirlies
  • Cuttlebug Folder: Divine Swirls
  • Martha Stewart Glitter Glue in Carrara Marble: Santa's hat poof 

Merry Christmas....in July :)



5 comments:

Lisa said...

This Santa is so absolutely adorable, Jenny! I love how you outlined his beard! Awesome card! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog for the Christmas in July Blog Hop! I'm already a follower :)

Lisa
http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

Cely said...

Thank you for following my blog and commenting on our Christmas in July hop! I'm now your newest follower!

Don't forget to check back in everyday this weekend for more projects and blog candy! And since you helped bring me to 100 followers, I'll be posting my blog candy for that after the hop on Monday!

:D

Unknown said...

Great card, this is an absolutely cute cartridge, one of the cutest I think. You did so good. I like the amount of glitter you used not to much just right. 6 more and reach 300 followers, cool:)) Hugs, Pam at http://craftycards4u2.blogspot.com/

Amy said...

Adorable! love the sparkly!

Tina said...

What an adorable shape card! I am already starting to get ideas for holiday cards! This is great! Thanks for sharing! I am a new follower.
Tina
www.myhoppyplace.blogspot.com