HOME ABOUT Contact Cards scrapbooking MY ETSY

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Christmas in July

Hello my friends!  Can you believe we're half way through July?!  Where the heck has the summer gone (and yes, I totally say that every season)?  It has been so HOT, HOT, HOT here in Minnesota {shame on me for complaining considering in January I will be frozen through and through} that it's almost unbearable to spend a lot of time outdoors.

Needless to say, because of the heat and humidity we've spent a considerable amount of time indoors crafting away.  I just finished up scrapbooking a handful of pages for my dear friend (I'll post pictures if I get her OK) and completing my cards for the Christmas in July Card Swap with Scrappin With Cricut.  I really enjoyed both projects, although the latter of the two was much easier (more on that later). 

Anyway, if you want to join in on the swap registration is open until tomorrow!  You only need to make 3 cards (and you'll get 3 in return) and have them in the mail by July 20th.  Click HERE to join the fun.

I kept my cards pretty simple because, well not everyone is bling-y as myself :)  Plus, I love when I receive a card that is super cute but easy in case I want replicate it {in my own way of course}.  Take a looks-y at one of them below. 


Sorry the picture looks yellow, it was late! 

Each strip is a little sparkly and so pretty!


The "'Twas the night before Christmas" is a rub-on sticker and the strips are border stickers that I just lined up (I purchased both of these on close-out after last Christmas).  SO simple but SO cute.  I love this card (and I am totally in the mood for Christmas crafting now)!  

Thanks so much for stopping by, see ya soon!

0 comments: