HOME ABOUT Contact Cards scrapbooking MY ETSY

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Cupcake Toppers

Hello!  Happy Sunday!  It seems like I was just writing that ...where did the week go?  It's crunch time around here as Round 1 of the birthday celebrations is a week away.  I've been busy making t0-do lists {I'm totally a 'list' person} to make sure all of my i's are dotted and my t's are crossed :).  What can I say, I'm a planner!

I finished up the cupcake toppers for the homemade cupcakes that I'll make closer to the party.  Much like last year, I wanted to try my hand at something new for my little one {See my Elmo cake-pop adventure HERE).  I'm hoping that this year goes just as well as last. Wish me luck! 

This little project was so fun and OH-EM-GEE, EASY!   






Using my Creative Memories Scalloped Circle Punch and Circle Punch, I create the layers.  I decided to use 4 different color combination's for more POP!  The scalloped circle design matches the banner that I made last week--check it out HERE.

Originally I wanted to put a cow, pig, horse, or sheep on each topper ...but, the smaller circle is only 1 1/4" and well, I just couldn't get anything cut cleanly at that size.  So, I did the next best thing!  I used "2" because my little beauty will be 2 and I used "Moo," "Oink," or "Baa."  The font is from Country Life.  



What do you think? Cute, right?  I am so pleased with how they turned out, being this was my first venture into cupcake toppers and I am SUPER excited to see them on my homemade cupcakes!  I'll share those with you next weekend :)

We'll see you soon!  Thanks for stopping by!

1 comments:

Missy said...

SO cute! I love the papers & the sentiments you added! Be sure to post pics of them in the cupcakes!