HOME ABOUT Contact Cards scrapbooking MY ETSY

Monday, February 13, 2012

I survived the Barnyard Bash!

I did it!  I survived!  The 'Barnyard Bash' for my almost-2 year old went wonderfully!  We had her birthday party yesterday and despite a not-so-great start with my homemade cupcake fiasco--we had so much fun!
 
 So here's the cupcake story:
Plan A: I would make homemade cupcakes with homemade frosting.  All of my guests would RAVE over how wonderful they were and I would be crowned the "Homemade Cupcake Queen."

What really happened:  My vanilla cupcakes were dry and eventually turned into hockey pucks-despite keeping them covered and adding an apple slice to keep them moist.  My vanilla frosting was too soupy, no matter what I did or how much powdered sugar I added.  My chocolate frosting was great for all of 3 minutes.  After that, I couldn't even squeeze my piping bag-it was SO hard.  My husband thought it was fudge! Oops?  I swear I followed the recipes to a T, especially because I had never made them before.  I didn't want to mess with them before trying them!  Needless to say, I was so bummed!  I spent 5 hours trying to make them and make them work and it just didn't happen!  The recipes I found were just off the web--note to self: don't use them again.  Off to Plan B ...

Plan B: Run to Target and PRAY they have 1) birthday cupcakes and 2) enough for all of my guests!  

Plan B was a success :)  

Here are a few more pictures from the shin-dig!


 I love fresh flowers!  I think they add so much to a nice display :)






Here is the birthday girl GLOWING with excitement when I put out the "Cow Patty Cakes."  She was in awe with amazement, LOL!  My little lady is almost 2 ... it's so bittersweet.

Now we're on to the Mermaid Party Scene for my almost-4 year old.  Maybe first I can sneak into my craft room for a little "me" crafting time?  :) I have some challenges I want to join in on before time runs out!

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Missy said...

I so hear you---I had a cupcake nightmare on New Years Eve!!! It was more of a frosting/fondant/cricut cake nightmare, but still....I know the feeling! Everything looks like it turned out great though, the toppes are so cute and so is your little one!!

Jessica Kubit said...

Oh that is so funny about the cupcakes Jenny. Sounds like something I would do! I did love the theme and your little toppers! So cute and creative! Your daughter is adorable! Can't wait to see how the mermaid party turns out!
Jessica